Marvin Bagley III's agent criticized the Sacramento Kings on the first day of the NBA season for apparently informing the fourth-year big man he wouldn't be in the team's rotation.
Now, the 2018 second overall pick has apparently returned the favor.
Bagley refused to check into Monday's game against the Phoenix Suns when called on by coach Luke Walton, sources told ABC10's Sean Cunningham.
"The thing that matter(s) is people know what's expected and we continue to move forward tonight," Walton said ahead of Wednesday's game against the San Antonio Spurs, Cunningham reports.
Bagley, 22, has played just 10 minutes this season - all in the Kings' second game of the campaign versus the Utah Jazz.
He averaged 14.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, and one assist in 118 appearances over his first three NBA seasons, though he's been limited by injuries.
Bagley's agent, Jeff Schwartz, said the Kings' handling of his client serves as "a case study in mismanagement."
"It's clear (the Kings) have no plans for him in the future, and yet, passed on potential deals at last year's deadline and this summer based on 'value,'" Schwartz wrote in a statement on Oct. 19. "Instead, they chose to bring him back but not pay him, a move completely contradictory to their 'value' argument."
Two of the three players drafted directly after Bagley in the 2018 draft have already cemented themselves as franchise players. Dallas Mavericks superstar Luka Doncic was selected to the All-NBA first team in each of the past two seasons while Trae Young piloted the upstart Atlanta Hawks to a surprise Eastern Conference finals appearance last year.














