Grizzlies' Jackson agrees to 4-year, $105M rookie extension
Jackson, 22, is coming off a 2020-21 campaign ravaged by injury after suffering a torn meniscus in August 2020 while playing in the bubble. Jackson made just 11 appearances during the tail end of the regular season before starting all five of the team's outings in the first-round playoff defeat to the Utah Jazz.
The Michigan State product was selected with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2018 draft and has quickly formed a budding on-court relationship with Grizzlies franchise cornerstone Ja Morant.
The deadline for rookie extensions for players from the class of 2018 is at 6 p.m. ET Monday. Deandre Ayton (Phoenix Suns), Collin Sexton (Cleveland Cavaliers), and Miles Bridges (Charlotte Hornets) are among those who have yet to agree to an extension with their respective organizations.
- Nets owner Tsai backs coach, GM amid reported Durant standoff
- Report: Sexton, Cavs remain at standstill on new contract
- Murray, Banchero feud on social media after testy pro-am game
- Draymond, Kuzma say Austin Reaves should keep 'Hillbilly Kobe' nickname
- Report: Bulls, Vucevic have mutual interest in contract extension