Herro: My name should be in same category as Luka, Trae
Still, the Kentucky product believes he belongs in the same conversation as some of the NBA's elite rising talents.
"The young guys coming up in the league who can be All-Stars, superstars one day - Luka (Doncic), Trae (Young), Ja (Morant) - ... my name should be in that category too," Herro told Jeremy Tache of Bally Sports Sun. "I put the work in, and I'm just continuing to get better every single day."
Herro was a key cog in Miami's run to the Finals in 2020, registering 16 points, 5.1 boards, and 3.7 assists per contest over 21 playoff appearances. The 2019 lottery pick surpassed Magic Johnson as the youngest player to start in an NBA Finals game and broke the league's rookie record for triples in a single postseason.
Herro's 20.8 points per game in 2021-22 preseason play ranks fourth in the Association.
- NBA unveils Part 1 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Simmons suspended 1 game after removal from practice, reportedly fined $1.4M
- Pistons' Cunningham to miss opener vs. Bulls with ankle sprain
- Bagley's agent rips Kings, says they removed client from rotation
- Suns GM: Team never had 'real negotiations' with Ayton