Report: Heat re-sign Oladipo to 1-year deal
Miami acquired Oladipo from the Houston Rockets in March. However, he only appeared in four contests with the Heat after reinjuring his right quadriceps tendon.
Oladipo underwent surgery in May and his surgeon is optimistic that he'll be cleared for full-contact activity by November. The former No. 2 overall pick originally sustained the injury in January 2019 and was sidelined for a year.
Oladipo averaged 19.8 points, 4.8 boards, 4.6 assists, and 1.4 steals across 33 appearances between the Indiana Pacers, Rockets, and Heat.
When healthy, Oladipo's proven to be an effective two-way player. He led the Association in steals and earned NBA All-Defensive first-team honors during the 2017-18 campaign.
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'