Report: Sykes inks deal with Pacers after hitting TBT-winning 3-pointer
Have a day, Keifer Sykes.
The little-known overseas veteran has inked a one-year contract with the Indiana Pacers, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania. News of the deal broke moments after the undrafted guard's 3-point heave won the 2021 edition of The Basketball Tournament for Boeheim's Army.
Sykes' portion of the champion's $1 million purse totals $80,000.
A four-year player at the Horizon League's Green Bay from 2011-15, the 6-foot Sykes has numerous credits to his name abroad, including stops in Italy, China, Australia, and Greece.
Sykes tallied 14.4 points, five assists, and 3.1 boards in 27 minutes per game through 27 appearances with the NBL's South East Melbourne Phoenix.
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'