Hawks, Trae agree to 5-year, $207M max rookie extension
Trae Young is cashing in.
The agreement couldn't be finalized until Tuesday at 12 a.m. ET, when all players about to enter the final season of their rookie deals were allowed to formally negotiate extensions. The Oklahoma City Thunder, for example, also had to wait until midnight in order to sign their own star guard, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, to a 172-million extension.
Young led the Hawks with 25.3 points and 9.4 assists per game last season as the team defied expectations to reach the Eastern Conference finals.
- Suns owner Sarver denies allegations of racism, gender discrimination
- Report: Simmons tells 76ers he's not mentally ready to play to expectations
- Knicks set franchise mark for 3-pointers, cruise past Magic
- Daryl Morey is bluffing with a losing hand
- NBA unveils final part of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown