Report: Raptors among strong suitors for Cavaliers' Allen
It's unclear how many clubs will attempt to pry the big man from Cleveland this offseason. However, the Cavaliers and Allen reportedly have mutual interest, and Cleveland reserves the right to match any offers for the center as a restricted free agent.
Toronto has previously tried to trade for Allen, sources told Charania.
The Texas product played 51 games for the Cavaliers last season after being part of the four-team trade that landed James Harden with the Brooklyn Nets. Allen registered a career-high 13.2 points per game in Cleveland and averaged 9.9 rebounds, 1.7 assists, and 1.4 blocks while shooting 60.9% from the field.
The 23-year-old's availability could be subject to change depending on how the Cavs conduct their draft Thursday. Former USC star Evan Mobley has been widely projected to fall to Cleveland at No. 3, which could create a logjam between him and Allen at center.
- Report: Booker to miss start of Suns camp due to health and safety protocols
- Kareem: NBA should mandate vaccine for all players, staff
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury