Report: DeRozan, Lowry have interest in joining Lakers
Two of the top free agents in this summer's class appear to be eyeing a potential Hollywood move.
DeRozan was born and raised in the California area. He also spent his lone season of collegiate basketball at USC.
The four-time All-Star averaged 21.6 points and a career-high 6.9 assists over 61 appearances last season.
Meanwhile, Lowry has spent the last nine seasons in Toronto after being acquired from the Houston Rockets. The 35-year-old registered 17.2 points, 7.3 assists, and 5.4 boards per contest in 2020-21.
Los Angeles was among multiple teams linked to Lowry at the trade deadline last March.
The Lakers currently have five players under guaranteed contracts for next season. Montrezl Harrell holds a $9.7-million player option for 2020-21, while Dennis Schroder, Talen Horton-Tucker, Alex Caruso, and Andre Drummond are among the club's notable free agents.
- Report: Booker to miss start of Suns camp due to health and safety protocols
- Kareem: NBA should mandate vaccine for all players, staff
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury