Trae unveils Team USA-themed 'workout shoes' after Olympics snub
Trae Young debuted several different colorways of his first signature sneaker during the playoffs, but it appears the latest version likely won't be seeing any game action.
The Atlanta Hawks star showed off a Team USA-themed colorway of his Adidas Trae Young 1 on Instagram on Thursday with the caption "workout shoes? Lol," referencing him being left off the U.S. men's national basketball team.
Young initially reacted to his Tokyo 2020 snub by tweeting a clip from "The Last Dance" of Isiah Thomas expressing disappointment over being left off the 1992 "Dream Team."
Team USA will open the Olympics on Sunday against France.
- Report: Booker to miss start of Suns camp due to health and safety protocols
- Kareem: NBA should mandate vaccine for all players, staff
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury