Pelicans name Willie Green new head coach
Green becomes the eighth head coach in franchise history. He was an assistant on Monty Williams' staff with the Phoenix Suns during the last two campaigns.
Phoenix ranked third in defensive rating during the 2021 postseason under Green's tutelage.
"It's a blessing and an honor to get this opportunity in a special place like New Orleans. I look forward to getting to work and immersing myself and my family into the local community," the former shooting guard said.
Green, 39, replaces Stan Van Gundy, who the Pelicans fired after just one season. He guided the team to an underwhelming 31-41 record.
- Report: Simmons shuts down 76ers teammates' trip to visit him
- Wizards' Hachimura excused from start of camp for personal reasons
- Clippers president: 'No one knows' when Kawhi will return from injury
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'