Report: CP3 intends to return for Game 3 after clearing protocols
The future Hall of Famer reportedly passed a cardio exam Wednesday, which is the final step to clear the NBA's health and safety protocols.
Paul apparently tested positive for COVID-19 despite being already vaccinated.
The Suns hold a 2-0 series lead over the Los Angeles Clippers. Reserve guard Cameron Payne has started in Paul's absence, averaging 20 points, nine assists, 1.5 steals, and 1.5 blocks over the first two contests of the conference finals. Payne posted a career-high 29 points and nine assists in Tuesday's dramatic Game 2 victory.
Phoenix last made The Finals during the 1992-93 campaign.
- Report: Rockets aggressively pursuing Pistons' No. 1 pick
- T-Wolves block Hernangomez from Olympics, upsetting Spanish federation
- Dream ignited: How Jonathan Kuminga made his case to be drafted top 5
- Mind the gap: The basketball world is catching up to the U.S.
- Trio of NBA Finals players finally arrives at Tokyo Olympics