CP3 out for Game 1 of West finals due to health and safety protocols
Phoenix announced Wednesday that the All-Star guard will be sidelined indefinitely.
"Because of the climate that we live in, things change from day-to-day," Suns head coach Monty Williams said Saturday, according to ESPN's Royce Young. "I've tried to take things one day at a time ... but for me, based on the information and based on the history of this particular protocol, everything is day-to-day. And so, that's how I have to approach it."
It remains unknown if Paul tested positive for COVID-19 or if he was in close contact with someone who contracted the virus.
Paul is averaging 15.7 points, 8.7 assists, 4.1 boards, and 1.2 steals over 10 playoff appearances.
The Suns will take on the Los Angeles Clippers in their first conference final since 2010.
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- Siakam: Last year's struggles linked with not feeling like 'the guy'
- Gilgeous-Alexander: I want to be among the 'greatest to ever play'
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket: Final 4 an all-Jordan affair - Vote now!👇
- Report: Jahlil Okafor signing non-guaranteed deal with Hawks