Fan vote gives Rose top-10 MVP finish
Derrick Rose's fans showed him plenty of love in MVP voting.
Rose received the one first-place nod via a fan vote "conducted online and through Twitter," the league said in a statement. Supporters can add one combined vote alongside the 100 sportswriters traditionally involved.
Rose won the MVP award in 2011 as a member of the Chicago Bulls. The 32-year-old averaged 14.7 points, 4.2 assists, 2.6 rebounds, and a steal this season over 50 games split between the Knicks and the Detroit Pistons. He also made just three starts.
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Lillard: 'I'm not asking for a trade' amid Trail Blazers' turmoil
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- The Pacers may finally commit to a direction, but picking one won't be easy
- The night that foreshadowed Steph Curry breaking Ray Allen's threes record