Fan vote gives Rose top-10 MVP finish
Derrick Rose's fans showed him plenty of love in MVP voting.
The New York Knicks guard earned one first-place vote for the 2020-21 award, placing him inside the top 10 and above names like Russell Westbrook, James Harden, and LeBron James.
Rose received the one first-place nod via a fan vote "conducted online and through Twitter," the league said in a statement. Supporters can add one combined vote alongside the 100 sportswriters traditionally involved.
Rose won the MVP award in 2011 as a member of the Chicago Bulls. The 32-year-old averaged 14.7 points, 4.2 assists, 2.6 rebounds, and a steal this season over 50 games split between the Knicks and the Detroit Pistons. He also made just three starts.
- Report: Jazz among 4 teams interested in acquiring Herro in Lillard trade
- Middleton not concerned about Giannis' future: It's business as usual
- NBA Podcast: New resting rules, Dame non-stories, Giannis angst
- Report: Pacers, Hield working on trade after extension talks stall
- Lillard: Criticism against Westbrook 'is just crazy to me'