Lillard wants Kidd to be Blazers' next head coach
"Jason Kidd is the guy I want," Lillard told Yahoo Sports' Chris Haynes on Friday.
Lillard intends to have significant input in Portland's search for a new bench boss and has a high level of respect for Kidd's knowledge of the game, sources told Haynes.
Kidd has spent the past two campaigns as an assistant coach for the Los Angeles Lakers. The Hall of Fame guard previously served as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets and Milwaukee Bucks, posting a 183-190 record over five seasons.
Numerous names have reportedly been linked to the Blazers' vacancy, including Chauncey Billups, Jeff Van Gundy, Mike D'Antoni, and Juwan Howard.
- LeBron's 33 points lead Lakers past Pistons
- Jenkins: Morant avoided serious knee injury, out at least a 'couple of weeks'
- Report: Bucks sign Cousins to 1-year, non-guaranteed deal
- Curry: Non-call against Clippers 'definitely fired me up' in 4th quarter
- Report: Wall will continue to sit out after meeting with Rockets