Pelicans' Hayes arrested after alleged altercation with officer
"We have been made aware of the incident involving Jaxson Hayes," the Pelicans said in a statement, according to ESPN's Andrew Lopez. "We are working in conjunction with the NBA and Jaxson's representatives to gather more information and will have no further comment at this time."
Police were called to a Los Angeles-area home early Wednesday due to a domestic disturbance. A fight apparently broke out between Hayes and police after authorities were denied entry into the residence.
Hayes was tased during the interaction and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. The officer involved apparently sought treatment as well, but their condition is unknown.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?