Blazers acquire Powell from Raptors for Trent, Hood
Powell is averaging career highs in points (19.6 per game) and field-goal percentage (49.8%). His 43.9% mark from deep ranks 10th in the Association.
The former second-round pick holds a $11.6-million player option for 2021-22, but is expected to decline that in favor of free agency.
Trent is also having a career year, averaging 15 points and shooting nearly 40% from beyond the arc. The 22-year-old will be a restricted free agent this summer.
Hood has failed to recapture his shooting form after tearing his left Achilles in December 2019. The Duke product is averaging a career-low 4.7 points per game over 38 appearances this season.
Portland inked Hood to a two-year, $21-million contract this past offseason, but the second year of the deal is non-guaranteed.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Grizzlies' Morant, Bane considered family, others when getting vaccine
- Report: Westbrook tried convincing Beal to leave Wizards
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles