Carlisle: Doncic out next 6 games
Doncic suffered a right ankle sprain in practice on Thursday - the same injury that caused him to miss four contests in mid-December.
If the expected six-game absence holds, Doncic would return for two contests before jetting off to Chicago for All-Star Weekend. The second-year point forward is headlining the Rising Stars Challenge and was also selected for the All-Star Game itself. At just 20 years old, Doncic is set to become the youngest All-Star starter since LeBron James in 2005.
Doncic has averaged 28.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 8.7 assists in just under 33 minutes per night, with an effective field goal percentage of 53.5%.
- AD: Hidden wrist injury hindered 3-point shooting last season
- NBA offseason grades: Breaking down the moves in the Southeast Division
- Nets' Warren out for opener, will be re-assessed in November
- Nash: 'I don't care' if Simmons ever takes jump shot
- Finch: T-Wolves 'fought extremely hard' to keep McDaniels out of Gobert trade