Carter sets NBA record in milestone night vs. Heat
The veteran forward scored 21 points in 26 minutes off the bench to pass Reggie Miller for 20th on the NBA's all-time scoring list.
All of Carter's production came from beyond the arc as he drilled seven triples in 11 attempts to pass Phoenix Suns guard Jamal Crawford for sixth on the league's all-time list for 3-pointers made.
The 42-year-old Carter is the oldest player to hit seven 3-pointers in a single game. Longtime San Antonio Spurs guard Manu Ginobili was 40 when he hit six 3-pointers against the Portland Trail Blazers in January 2018.
Carter is averaging 7.1 points per contest on 40.3 percent shooting from downtown.
- Embiid ties career-high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Lakers' Vogel shrugs off worries about job insecurity
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Report: Celtics looking to trade Horford while pursuing other centers
- Report: Kings plan to build around Fox, Haliburton