Report: Knicks' Hardaway, Lee available for trade
New York is looking to shed its long-term deals without taking much salary back beyond this year to ensure ample cap space this offseason, notes Stein, as the team is reportedly all-in on Kevin Durant this summer.
Hardaway stands to earn $18.2 million next season and has a player option for the 2020-21 campaign worth $19 million. Lee is set to make $12.8 million next year, the final season on his four-year, $48-million deal.
Hardaway is averaging a team-leading 19.6 points per contest for the Knicks this season. Lee has been a DNP-CD for the past 10 games but could provide teams with some outside scoring as a career 38.9 percent shooter from long distance.
- Ball among 4 Hornets to enter COVID-19 health and safety protocols
- Warriors pull away late to snap Suns' 18-game win streak
- LeBron: NBA's COVID-19 testing process 'handled very poorly'
- Trail Blazers fire GM Olshey following investigation into workplace conduct
- Patty Mills 'can light it up,' but he's the NBA's model role player