Report: Knicks' Hardaway, Lee available for trade
New York is looking to shed its long-term deals without taking much salary back beyond this year to ensure ample cap space this offseason, notes Stein, as the team is reportedly all-in on Kevin Durant this summer.
Hardaway stands to earn $18.2 million next season and has a player option for the 2020-21 campaign worth $19 million. Lee is set to make $12.8 million next year, the final season on his four-year, $48-million deal.
Hardaway is averaging a team-leading 19.6 points per contest for the Knicks this season. Lee has been a DNP-CD for the past 10 games but could provide teams with some outside scoring as a career 38.9 percent shooter from long distance.
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Mobley takes over top spot
- LeBron scores 25 as Lakers end 3-game skid, beat Jazz
- Kyrie still won't get vaccinated despite Durant's injury: 'I've made my decision'
- Booker's season-high 48 helps Suns rally past Spurs
- NBA MVP rankings: Don't get accustomed to the incredible