Report: Nets to unveil possible Biggie-inspired 'City Edition' jersey
Yet another unannounced alternate jersey appears to have leaked. The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly set to roll out a new "City Edition" jersey.
The Nets' current "City Edition" jersey, as seen in the team's web store, features light, crisscrossing pinstripes meant to evoke the Brooklyn Bridge's steel cables, with the wordmark "Brooklyn Nets" stretched across the chest. The reported new uniform appears to drop the visual reference to Brooklyn's most famous river-traversing structure while shortening the wordmark to just "Brooklyn." However, the most obvious addition is the multi-color trim along the neckline and sleeves:
Some theorized the design pays homage to the late rapper and Brooklyn native Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G. Wallace was notably fond of Australian knitwear brand Coogi, instantly recognizable for its colorful patterns:
Drawing inspiration from the city's cultural tapestry is in line with the recent flurry of leaked "City Edition" jerseys, including a possible Prince-inspired Minnesota Timberwolves alternate and a Detroit Pistons jersey that resembles the Motor City's connection to the automotive industry.
- Report: Blazers declined Lillard’s request to return if Heat move failed
- Report: Clippers sign Primo after NBA issues 4-game ban for detrimental conduct
- 5 potential landing spots for Jrue Holiday after Lillard trade
- Hardaway 'didn't know' if he'd still be on Mavs after last season's meltdown
- Bucks favorites to win NBA title after landing Lillard