LeBron questions Trump: You have enough time 'you can comment on me?'
LeBron James is confused as to how President Donald Trump finds the time to ridicule him on Twitter when his job requires so much attention.
When asked if the Los Angeles Lakers superstar is bothered by Trump's comments - including those made in early August after James sat down with CNN's Don Lemon - the King made it clear he's not losing any sleep over it.
"No, because I'm not," James told Marisa Guthrie of The Hollywood Reporter. "That's like somebody saying I can't play ball. That doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me is that he has time to even do that. He has the most powerful job in the world. Like, you really got this much time that you can comment on me?"
Trump responded on Twitter, calling Lemon "the dumbest man on television" before adding, "He made LeBron look smart, which isn't easy to do."
That wasn't the first time James and the president traded verbal jabs, as LeBron called Trump a "bum" in 2017 when the latter withdrew the Golden State Warriors' invitation to the White House after they were crowned NBA champions.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?