Report: DeRozan withdrawing from NBA Africa game
The decision comes just one week after DeRozan was dealt by the Toronto Raptors in the blockbuster trade including Kawhi Leonard. Since the announcement, the four-time All-Star has expressed his disappointment in how Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri handled the trade, saying he was blindsided and misled in the days prior.
Ujiri is the face of the NBA's efforts to help grow the sport throughout Africa and is an ambassador for Basketball Without Borders.
DeRozan will reportedly take the time off to begin preparing for his arrival in San Antonio, according to Haynes.
- LeBron passes Magic for 6th on NBA's assists list: 'It means a lot'
- Butler leads Heat past Celtics in return to lineup
- Can the 76ers sustain their improved defense when the starting backcourt returns?
- Nets build huge lead, beat Raptors for 4th straight win
- Iverson: David Stern asked me to change controversial lyrics by rapping them