Report: Suns have no interest in trading No. 1 pick for Leonard
Though some people around the league reportedly expect them to try, the Phoenix Suns have no interest in dealing the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft for San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard, according to Scott Bordow of the Arizona Republic.
The Suns' reluctance would make sense, given that Leonard is under contract for just one more year and likely wouldn't commit long-term to a rebuilding team that has won fewer than 25 games in each of the last three seasons.
Bordow reports there's a sense around the league that Leonard wants to enter free agency next summer regardless, but that might change if the Spurs trade him to his preferred destination.
- Report: Rosas' leadership style, team performance led to firing
- Rivers confirms Simmons wants out: 'We're going to try' to get Ben back
- Report: Zion's 1st-year rehab caused 'significant tension' with medical staff
- Warriors owner Lacob fined $50K for Simmons comments
- Who are the Spurs now, and where are they going?