Report: Suns have no interest in trading No. 1 pick for Leonard
Though some people around the league reportedly expect them to try, the Phoenix Suns have no interest in dealing the No. 1 overall pick in Thursday's draft for San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard, according to Scott Bordow of the Arizona Republic.
The Suns' reluctance would make sense, given that Leonard is under contract for just one more year and likely wouldn't commit long-term to a rebuilding team that has won fewer than 25 games in each of the last three seasons.
Bordow reports there's a sense around the league that Leonard wants to enter free agency next summer regardless, but that might change if the Spurs trade him to his preferred destination.
- 76ers' Harris: Harden 'wants to go out here and compete with us'
- Newly acquired Holiday: Celtics give me 'best chance of winning'
- NBA Podcast: Holiday's a Celtic, Harden's still a Sixer, Raptors' vibes are off
- Heir Jordan: The players we ranked 15-11 from the last 25 years
- NBA offseason grades: Breaking down the moves in the Atlantic Division