Kings' Fox replaces Ball in Rising Stars Challenge
Ball has missed the Lakers' last 13 games due to an MCL sprain in his left knee.
Fox, who went fifth overall - three spots after Ball - in last summer's draft, is averaging 11.3 points, 4.3 assists, and one steal for the Kings. He had a bit of a bumpy start to the season, but he's been far better since the calendar flipped to 2018, going for 14.1 points, 5.2 assists, and 1.2 steals on .423/.352/.779 shooting.
The Rising Stars Challenge will give the woebegone Kings something to hang their hat on, as the 18-38 squad is now sending three participants to Los Angeles. Fox will be the lone representative for the U.S. side, while Bogdan Bogdanovic and Buddy Hield - of Serbia and the Bahamas, respectively - will play for Team World.
- Ex-Mavs exec rips club's dramatic 'high school' workplace culture
- LaVine impressed with new-look Bulls: 'This ain't last year'
- NBA unveils Part 2 of its 75th Anniversary Team countdown
- Season opener shows challenge LeBron, AD face in confronting Lakers' flaws
- Opening night takeaway: Defending champion Bucks look even better