Mike D'Antoni wins Coach of the Year for 2nd time
D'Antoni was a strong candidate this year considering the turnaround he led in Houston. The Rockets had a 14-win improvement relative to last season, finishing 55-27. D'Antoni's implementation of James Harden into the point guard position was a key factor in that change.
Harden had a tremendous statistical year, averaging 29.1 points, 11.2 assists, and 8.1 rebounds.
- Embiid ties career high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Lakers' Vogel shrugs off worries about job insecurity
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year rankings: Gobert facing stiff competition