Giannis: Greece will be next country to beat Team USA
ATHENS, Greece - Giannis Antetokounmpo is dreaming big. He wants to beat the United States wearing Greek team colors.
''I'll be the next one to beat them. I'll be waiting for them somewhere,'' the Milwaukee Bucks star said before leading a team in an exhibition game involving Greek and foreign players before 15,000 fans at the Athens Olympic Arena on Sunday.
Antetokounmpo made his boast in front of three retired veterans of the Greek national team that was the last to beat the U.S., in a 101-95 upset in the semifinals of the 2006 World Championships.
On Sunday, the 2006 Greece team was playing a side which included brothers Giannis and Thanassis Antetokounmpo, and American Euroleague star Kyle Hines.
The New York Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis took part in the event last year.
- Report: Irving not at media day due to health and safety protocols
- Zion underwent foot surgery, likely ready for start of season
- Report: Westbrook tried convincing Beal to leave Wizards
- Towns 'still dealing with a lot of shit' after COVID-19 struggles
- Top 25 since '96 Part 1: Counting down the greatest modern NBA players