Curry: Looks like Cavs having fun, 'and we want to do something about that'
The Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers have steamrolled their way through the postseason in order to meet again in the NBA Finals, but Stephen Curry has made a note of the relative ease that the Cavs have had the past month-and-a-half.
"For the most part, you know what LeBron (James) does, you know what Kyrie (Irving) does," Curry told reporters Saturday. "You know kind of their style and familiar with that. Other than that, I think when you look at the whole squad, they have a good kind of chemistry and vibe. It looks like they're having fun, and we want to do something about that."
While the Warriors have gone undefeated in the playoffs, the Cavs actually dropped one game to the Boston Celtics. The James-Irving combination on the pick-and-roll especially has been lethal, and the pair are 1-2 in Cavs scoring at 32.5 and 24.5 points per game in the postseason.
Still, the Warriors have won 12 playoff games by an average margin of 16 points, which is one of the reasons they are the Vegas favorites to win the series.
They were last year too, when they blew a 3-1 lead to Cleveland.
- Green, Rockets spoil Harden's return to lineup in double-OT thriller
- Hawks' McMillan denies telling Young not to show up vs. Nuggets
- Nike officially ends relationship with Kyrie
- Wizards' Beal to miss at least 1 week due to hamstring strain
- NBA Rookie of the Year rankings: Mathurin, Banchero off to blazing starts