Rockets nail NBA-record 24 three-pointers vs. Pelicans
This year's Houston Rockets have never met a 3-pointer they didn't like, and at the rate they're hitting from behind the arc, they probably never will.
The New Orleans Pelicans fell victim to a shooting barrage for the ages Friday night at the Toyota Center, as the Rockets set new NBA records with 24 made 3-pointers on 61 attempts in a 122-100 victory, extending their winning streak to nine games.
Houston Rockets 3-Pointers vs. Pelicans
The previous record of 23 made 3-pointers was held by the Rockets (vs. Warriors, 2013) and Orlando Magic (vs. Kings, 2009). Houston also set the previous attempts record against Sacramento on Nov. 25 of this year with 50.
Prior to tipoff, the Rockets ranked fifth in the Association in 3-point percentage (38.4), and first in both makes (14.5) and attempts (37.6).
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- Reporter doesn't recognize Jazz's Clarkson during street interview
- Knicks GM says all players vaccinated
- Report: Warriors reach deal with Avery Bradley