Watch: Driver's dad runs onto racetrack to rescue him from fiery crash
Saturday's Late Model race at South Boston Speedway in Virginia featured a show of heroics from a father of one of the drivers.
Dean Jones climbed over a retaining wall and helped pull son Mike Jones to safety after his car burst into flames following a crash involving fellow driver Matt Bowling. Both Jones and Bowling escaped the wreck without injury, according to Doug Ford of the Gazette-Virginian.
- With h/t to Bro Bible
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Gragson wins Xfinity Series race at Talladega in triple OT
- Saints' Kamara to sponsor Xfinity driver Ryan Vargas
- Bubba Wallace, Columbia Sportswear sign sponsorship deal
- Roush Fenway signs 12-race sponsorship deal for Ryan Newman