Buescher snaps 222-race winless streak with victory in Bristol
Chris Buescher was victorious at the Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday.
The victory was the second Cup Series win of Buescher's career and snapped a 222-race winless streak for the 29-year-old.
Chase Elliott and William Byron finished second and third, respectively.
Buescher becomes the third straight non-playoff driver to win in the Round of 16, joining Erik Jones and Bubba Wallace.
Two-time Cup Series champion Kyle Busch - as well as Kevin Harvick, Austin Dillon, and Tyler Reddick - failed to advance to the Round of 12 following Saturday's result.
Elliott, Byron, Joey Logano, Ross Chastain, Kyle Larson, Denny Hamlin, Christopher Bell, Ryan Blaney, Chase Briscoe, Alex Bowman, Daniel Saurez, and Austin Cindric moved on to the Round of 12.
The playoffs continue Sept. 25 at Texas Motor Speedway.
- Astros take contentious rubber match in crucial series vs. Mariners
- Padres finally win in extras, keep faint wild-card hopes alive
- Rangers on brink of clinching playoff spot after shutout of Angels
- Marlins tie Cubs for final NL wild-card spot after doubleheader split vs. Mets
- Burrow reached out to Rodgers about calf injuries before MNF win