Report: Almeida-Blaydes in works to headline UFC Fight Night in Brazil
A heavyweight main event between Jailton Almeida and Curtis Blaydes is being targeted for a Nov. 4 UFC Fight Night card in Sao Paulo, Brazil, MMA Junkie's Nolan King and Mike Bohn report.
The bout has been verbally agreed to with contracts coming in the near future, King and Bohn add.
Almeida will have the opportunity to continue his unbeaten UFC run in front of his home Brazilian fans. He has won his first five fights in the promotion, including a first-round submission victory over Jairzinho Rozenstruik in May.
Blaydes saw his three-fight win streak snapped by Sergei Pavlovich via TKO in April. The American has won seven of his last nine fights dating back to March 2019.
The Nov. 4 card will mark the UFC's first action in Sao Paulo since a Fight Night event in 2019.
- Song shuts out Gutierrez in UFC main event
- Watch: Rountree batters Smith, puts him away in Round 3
- Moicano-Dober set for Feb. 3 UFC event
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Fights, phenoms, and epic buzzer-beaters
- UFC Vegas 83 bonuses: Khalil Rountree Jr. secures extra $50,000 after blistering finish of Anthony Smith