Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
Larissa Pacheco took down the previously undefeated Kayla Harrison in the PFL women's lightweight championship via unanimous decision Friday night.
The stunning result marks the first loss of Harrison's professional career, dropping her to 15-1.
Harrison had been seeking a three-peat after title victories in 2019 and 2021. Pacheco's only two PFL losses were to Harrison in 2019.
The victory, which will stand as one of the biggest upsets in the sport, secures the 28-year-old Pacheco the $1 million prize that comes with the PFL championship.
"It's the culmination of a career, of a dream. I dedicated my life to this sport," Pacheco said after the win, according to Marc Raimondi of ESPN.
Pacheco's first victory in her third fight with Harrison sets the stage for a potential fourth matchup between the two in 2023.
- Edwards: Covington being rewarded for not fighting, won't get title shot
- UFC 286 rundown: Edwards leaves no doubt he's the rightful king
- White: Covington next for Edwards, Muhammad-Rakhmonov in works
- Edwards beats Usman by majority decision to retain UFC welterweight title
- Gaethje returns to win column with thrilling upset of Fiziev