Nurmagomedov defeats Pitbull for Bellator lightweight title
Usman Nurmagomedov took down Patricky Pitbull by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-44, 50-44) to capture the lightweight title at Bellator 288 on Friday.
Nurmagomedov, who is the cousin of former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, continues his unbeaten 16-0 run in MMA with his co-main event victory.
The 24-year-old is now 5-0 in Bellator, with two wins by decision and submission plus one TKO.
Khabib reached out to his cousin shortly after the fight's conclusion.
Pitbull's defeat comes in his first championship defense since claiming the vacant belt with a TKO win over Peter Queally at Bellator 270 in Nov. 2021.
- Jones dismisses Aspinall's assertion that UFC should strip his title
- White: Turner-Green stoppage 'one of the worst I've ever seen'
- Perry beats Alvarez by corner stoppage in BKFC 56 main event
- White reacts to PFL's acquisition of Bellator: 'Sounds like a f-----g winner'
- Tsarukyan KOs Dariush 64 seconds into UFC Austin main event