Nurmagomedov defeats Pitbull for Bellator lightweight title
Usman Nurmagomedov took down Patricky Pitbull by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-44, 50-44) to capture the lightweight title at Bellator 288 on Friday.
Nurmagomedov, who is the cousin of former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, continues his unbeaten 16-0 run in MMA with his co-main event victory.
The 24-year-old is now 5-0 in Bellator, with two wins by decision and submission plus one TKO.
Khabib reached out to his cousin shortly after the fight's conclusion.
Pitbull's defeat comes in his first championship defense since claiming the vacant belt with a TKO win over Peter Queally at Bellator 270 in Nov. 2021.
- Pimblett accepts Jake Paul's $1M sparring challenge under condition
- USADA: McGregor likely requires 6 months in testing pool before return
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282