Nurmagomedov defeats Pitbull for Bellator lightweight title
Usman Nurmagomedov took down Patricky Pitbull by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-44, 50-44) to capture the lightweight title at Bellator 288 on Friday.
Nurmagomedov, who is the cousin of former UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, continues his unbeaten 16-0 run in MMA with his co-main event victory.
The 24-year-old is now 5-0 in Bellator, with two wins by decision and submission plus one TKO.
Khabib reached out to his cousin shortly after the fight's conclusion.
Pitbull's defeat comes in his first championship defense since claiming the vacant belt with a TKO win over Peter Queally at Bellator 270 in Nov. 2021.
- Hill hoping for Jon Jones superfight after multiple title defenses
- Volkanovski plans to make Makhachev 'desperate for takedowns' at UFC 284
- Report: UFC finalizing Holloway-Allen main event for April 15 Fight Night
- Jake Paul: Mike Perry will be replacement foe if Tommy Fury pulls out
- Pereira-Adesanya 2, Burns-Masvidal set for UFC 287 in April