Pitbull dominates Borics to retain Bellator featherweight title
Patricio "Pitbull" Freire put on a show Saturday in the main event of Bellator 286, defeating Adam Borics via unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 50-45) to retain his featherweight title.
Fans in Long Beach, California watched Freire dominate from start to finish. He particularly did a solid job at defending Borics' attacks and managed to find success taking the fight to the mat in the first three rounds.
The 35-year-old Freire, who's widely considered an all-time Bellator great, now has the most victories (22) and title-fight wins (12) in company history, according to USA Today's Mike Bohn.
It's unclear what's next for Freire, who's shown interest in fighting at 135. Former Bellator featherweight champion AJ McKee said Saturday he's waiting for Freire to decide on a potential trilogy bout.
"You can't end the game at 1-1," said McKee, who defeated Spike Carlyle in his lightweight debut Saturday, according to ESPN's Marc Raimondi.
- USADA: McGregor likely requires 6 months in testing pool before return
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282
- Report: Burns to fight Magny at UFC 283 in Brazil