Report: Lawler, Ponzinibbio agree to UFC 282 fight
Robbie Lawler and Santiago Ponzinibbio agreed to face off at UFC 282 on Dec. 10, sources told ESPN's Brett Okamoto.
The bout will mark the first matchup between the two veterans. They were originally booked to fight at UFC 245 in 2019 before Ponzinibbio had to pull out.
A former welterweight champion, Lawler is coming off a TKO loss to Bryan Barberena at UFC 276 in July. The 40-year-old has dropped five of his last six fights. His sole win during that span came against Nick Diaz in September 2021.
Ponzinibbio is in the midst of a slump that's seen him lose his last two fights. He was defeated by Michel Pereira via split decision during his last UFC appearance in May.
- Pimblett accepts Jake Paul's $1M sparring challenge under condition
- USADA: McGregor likely requires 6 months in testing pool before return
- Pacheco stuns undefeated Harrison to take PFL title, $1M prize
- Pereira fought Adesanya with torn ligaments in finger
- Prochazka vacates title; Blachowicz to fight Ankalaev for gold at UFC 282