Pitbull-Borics to headline Bellator 286, McKee books lightweight debut
Bellator featherweight champion Patricio "Pitbull" Freire will defend his title against Adam Borics in the main event of Bellator 286 on Oct. 1, the promotion announced Wednesday.
The card will take place at Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, California.
Additionally, former featherweight champ AJ McKee is set to make his lightweight debut in the co-main event against UFC veteran Spike Carlyle.
Freire (33-5) regained his title after defeating McKee via unanimous decision at Bellator 277 in April, avenging his first-round submission loss to McKee at Bellator 263 in July 2021. "Pitbull" became a three-time featherweight champion within the promotion with the victory.
Borics (18-1) enters the title match riding a four-bout win streak and is ranked No. 2 in the division behind only McKee. "The Kid" has recorded unanimous decision wins in his past three matchups, including in his recent fight against Mads Burnell.
McKee, who is from Long Beach, had previously teased a move up to the lightweight. Carlyle will enter the bout on a five-fight win streak.
- Mayweather: McGregor rematch in works for 2023
- Former UFC champion Aldo retires from MMA
- Sandhagen finishes Song with doctor's stoppage in UFC main event
- Fight Music Show 2 results: Cris Cyborg shines in boxing debut, wins unanimous decision
- Derrick Lewis vs. Serghei Spivac to headline Nov. 19 Fight Night event