UFC looking to book Ferguson-Chandler bout
The UFC is eyeing a future lightweight bout between Tony Ferguson and Michael Chandler, promotion president Dana White said Wednesday, according to MMA Fighting's Shaheen Al-Shatti.
However, White added that the fight isn't a done deal yet.
Ferguson called out Chandler on Twitter earlier this month, accusing the lightweight competitor of delaying a potential fight between them. Chandler responded to Ferguson, promising to beat him from "bell to bell" if the bout happens.
Chandler hasn't won since his UFC debut in January 2021. He lost to Charles Oliveira at UFC 262 for the then-vacant lightweight championship before losing a unanimous decision to Justin Gaethje last November.
Ferguson is also looking to get back on track as he's currently riding a three-fight skid. He most recently fell to Beneil Dariush by unanimous decision at UFC 262 in May.
- UFC 276 weigh-in results: Adesanya, Cannonier cleared for title fight
- Sy stuns MacDonald via decision to earn PFL playoff spot
- UFC 276 best bets: Is there any value on Adesanya?
- Cormier admits to holding towel at weigh-ins for 2017 title defense
- Adesanya plans to make 'easy work' of Cannonier, calls out Strickland