Report: Sterling-Yan 2 added to UFC 267
A highly anticipated rematch between Petr Yan and Aljamain Sterling for the bantamweight title has been added to the UFC 267 card Oct. 30 in Abu Dhabi, according to Ariel Helwani of BT Sports.
UFC 267 will mark the promotion's first non-pay-per-view numbered event since UFC 138, Helwani adds.
Yan, the former 135-pound champion, will look to avenge his defeat to Sterling via disqualification from an illegal knee in the fourth round at UFC 259. He'd previously sported a 10-fight win streak, including victories over Jose Aldo and Urijah Faber. Yan will enter the October bout with a 15-2 record.
Sterling is making his return to the Octagon after undergoing neck surgery in April. He's seeking his seventh consecutive win and his first title defense since becoming champion. "Funk Master" owns a 20-3 mark.
UFC 267 will also reportedly feature a light heavyweight title bout between Glover Teixeira and champion Jan Blachowicz. The fight was originally planned for UFC 266.
- Vettori holds off Costa to win decision in UFC main event
- Fedor destroys Johnson with walk-off KO at Bellator 269
- White: Costa to proceed with career at light heavyweight
- McGregor vows to 'kill' Ferguson in cage after PED accusations
- Usman: Edwards not fighting for title because he 'shit the bed' vs. Diaz