Gaethje: Chandler is 'slandering my name'
Warning: Story contains coarse language
Justin Gaethje has heard enough from Michael Chandler.
Chandler accused Gaethje of ducking him and warned that he needs to be ready to "make a highlight or be made a highlight," according to Mike Bohn of MMA Junkie.
The 32-year-old denied that he's avoiding a matchup, instead implying that UFC president Dana White has given Chandler preferential treatment.
The former interim lightweight champion hasn't fought since suffering a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 254 last October.
Gaethje expected he would square off against Chandler at UFC 262 after Nurmagomedov retired and vacated the lightweight title.
The No. 2-ranked lightweight was left without a dance partner when the promotion scheduled Charles Oliveira against Chandler. Oliveira won the belt after a second-round knockout.
- Dillashaw pulls out gutsy win in return from 2-year suspension
- UFC prospect Barber back on track with split decision victory over Maverick
- Report: Sterling-Yan 2 added to UFC 267
- Ostovich defeats VanZant by unanimous decision at Bare Knuckle FC 19
- Ladd-Chiasson co-main event removed from Fight Night card