Gaethje: Chandler is 'slandering my name'
Warning: Story contains coarse language
Justin Gaethje has heard enough from Michael Chandler.
Chandler accused Gaethje of ducking him and warned that he needs to be ready to "make a highlight or be made a highlight," according to Mike Bohn of MMA Junkie.
The 32-year-old denied that he's avoiding a matchup, instead implying that UFC president Dana White has given Chandler preferential treatment.
The former interim lightweight champion hasn't fought since suffering a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 254 last October.
Gaethje expected he would square off against Chandler at UFC 262 after Nurmagomedov retired and vacated the lightweight title.
The No. 2-ranked lightweight was left without a dance partner when the promotion scheduled Charles Oliveira against Chandler. Oliveira won the belt after a second-round knockout.
- Figueiredo-Moreno 4 booked for UFC 283 in Brazil
- Pitbull dominates Borics to retain Bellator featherweight title
- Star prospect Nickal to make UFC debut vs. Pickett at UFC 282
- Dern: Meta's Zuckerberg rented out entire UFC Fight Night event
- AJ McKee secured win over Spike Carlyle in a wild 15-minute scrap