Gaethje: Chandler is 'slandering my name'
Warning: Story contains coarse language
Justin Gaethje has heard enough from Michael Chandler.
Chandler accused Gaethje of ducking him and warned that he needs to be ready to "make a highlight or be made a highlight," according to Mike Bohn of MMA Junkie.
The 32-year-old denied that he's avoiding a matchup, instead implying that UFC president Dana White has given Chandler preferential treatment.
The former interim lightweight champion hasn't fought since suffering a submission loss to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 254 last October.
Gaethje expected he would square off against Chandler at UFC 262 after Nurmagomedov retired and vacated the lightweight title.
The No. 2-ranked lightweight was left without a dance partner when the promotion scheduled Charles Oliveira against Chandler. Oliveira won the belt after a second-round knockout.
- Vettori unloads on Costa during faceoff: 'You lost to the f------ scale'
- Report: Emmett to return from knee injury vs. Ige at UFC 269
- Costa-Vettori moved up to light heavyweight for UFC main event
- Italian DJ presses charges against McGregor after alleged attack
- Lee temporarily suspended after positive test for Adderall