2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup draw: USMNT faces easy Group B test
The three groups of the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup have been drawn up, with the host United States headlining Group B and squaring off against Panama, Martinique, and the winner of a playoff match between Haiti and Nicaragua.
|Group A||Group B||Group C|
|Costa Rica||Panama||El Salvador|
The tournament will provide new U.S. manager Bruce Arena with his first competitive fixtures at the helm of the Stars and Stripes, having taken over from Jurgen Klinsmann in an effort to steer the team back on track for World Cup qualifying.
The two top teams in each group, and the two best third-placed teams, will advance to the quarterfinals of the competition, which will kick off July 7 at Red Bull Arena.
The Knockout Stage kicks off July 19 in Philadelphia and concludes in Glendale one day later; then, the Gold Cup Semi-Final matches will be played in Arlington on July 22 and Pasadena on July 23, with the Gold Cup final set to be played July 26 in Santa Clara.
- FIFA to announce 2026 World Cup host cities in June
- Germany youth international Malik Tillman included in USMNT squad
- U.S. Soccer announces equal pay agreement with women's and men's teams
- McNamara fires Revolution to victory in 5-goal thriller vs. Cincinnati 🔥
- Osorio scores late to earn Toronto FC a point against D.C. United 😲