Price's rich deal to pay him $9K per pitch
The Red Sox reportedly ponied up $217 million over seven years for Price, the largest average yearly salary in baseball history. Now the ace can buy all the popcorn he needs, even if he does have to ship it down from Rogers Centre.
Here's a breakdown of Price's monster deal:
Year: $31 million
Inning pitched: $140,717
*Based on 2015 production
In the time it likely took to read this post, Price made $118.
- With h/t to Dinger Nation
- Judge, stuck at 60, homerless for 6th straight, Jays beat Yankees in 10th
- Elder dominates Nats, 1st Braves rookie to throw shutout since 1990
- Orioles bash Red Sox, slice AL wild-card deficit
- Mariners believe rotation set for future after Castillo deal
- Red Sox manager Cora disappointed with 2022: 'We just didn't perform'