Reds designate Renfroe for assignment
Hunter Renfroe's time with the Cincinnati Reds was short-lived.
The Reds designated the veteran outfielder for assignment, the team announced Monday.
Renfroe didn't fare well in a Reds uniform, slashing .128/.227/.205 with one home run and four RBIs in 44 plate appearances.
Cincinnati claimed the 31-year-old off waivers from the Los Angeles Angels on Aug. 31.
Renfroe hit .242/.304/.434 with 19 homers, 31 doubles, and 56 RBIs for the Angels before he was claimed.
The Reds activated outfielder Stuart Fairchild from the COVID-19 injured list in a corresponding move.
- Ohtani joins elite company with 3rd straight Edgar Martínez Outstanding DH Award
- 5 trades we want to see at MLB's winter meetings
- Report: Brewers, Chourio nearing record 8-year pact worth close to $80M
- NL Central team needs heading into winter meetings
- Report: Reds, Nick Martinez agree to 2-year, $26M deal