Brewers' Burnes tossed after spiking ball, arguing with umpire
Milwaukee Brewers ace Corbin Burnes was ejected from Friday's game against the Cincinnati Reds after spiking a ball into the ground and getting into a verbal exchange with umpire D.J. Reyburn.
Burnes laid out for a terrific catch to end the sixth inning before he angrily hurled the ball into the grass.
The right-hander exchanged words with Reyburn following the catch and was later tossed from the game while arguing from the dugout.
It was the first ejection of Burnes' career. He was replaced by Joel Payamps after walking four and striking out seven across six frames.
- Twins snap record 18-game playoff losing skid with Game 1 win over Blue Jays
- Montgomery silences Rays as Rangers win 1st playoff game since 2015
- Which team could be this year's Phillies?
- MLB 2023 playoff predictions: Who will win the World Series?
- MLB The Show postseason sim: Rangers crowned World Series champs