Angels' Rendon grabbed fan by shirt during heated exchange
Warning: Video contains coarse language
Los Angeles Angles third baseman Anthony Rendon grabbed the shirt of an Oakland Athletics fan in the stands during an argument after Thursday's opener:
Video of the incident shows an upset Rendon accusing a fan of using derogatory language toward him. The 32-year-old also appeared to swat at the spectator's head.
"We are aware of the video, and we are now looking into the matter," an MLB spokesperson said in a statement Friday, according to Sam Blum of The Athletic.
Rendon, manager Phil Nevin, and general manager Perry Minasian all said Saturday they can't currently comment on the incident because of the league's ongoing investigation, according to Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register.
The league suspended the former All-Star for five games last season for his involvement in a bench-clearing brawl with the Seattle Mariners in June while wearing a cast to protect his injured wrist.
- Kershaw disagrees with Dodgers' decision to honor Sisters
- Get happy: How the Texas Rangers' offense became elite
- MLB to take over Padres broadcasts after Bally Sports misses rights payment
- Blue Jays' Bass apologizes for endorsing anti-LGBTQ boycotts
- Orioles sign Aaron Hicks 10 days after Yankees cut him