Report: Rockies, Profar agree to 1-year, $7.75M deal
Profar can earn an additional $1 million if he reaches 400 plate appearances. The 30-year-old declined an $8.33-million player option to join free agency in November.
The former San Diego Padres outfielder hit .231/.412/.462 with three hits and one home run in four games for the Kingdom of the Netherlands at the World Baseball Classic.
Profar slashed .243/.331/.391 with 15 homers, 36 doubles, and 58 RBIs last season in MLB.
Profar should slot into an outfield rotation with Kris Bryant, Charlie Blackmon, and Yonathan Daza in Colorado, although the native of Curacao has experience at a number of infield positions as well.
The Rockies also have outfielders Randal Grichuk and Sean Bouchard on the injured list.
- The Atlanta Braves are hitting like the 1927 Yankees - really
- Brewers clinch 3rd NL Central title in 6 years
- 'It's an art': MLB catchers seek balance between framing, robot umps
- Phillies returning to playoffs thanks to Rojas' walk-off hit
- Mariners snap 4-game losing streak, beat Astros to stay in wild-card hunt