Yankees' King: Astros can't 'stop us when we're rolling'
New York Yankees right-hander Michael King believes the Bronx Bombers are better than the World Series champion Houston Astros when at their best.
"There's no chance that an Astros team can stop us when we're rolling," King said on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM.
New York has struggled against Houston in recent years, including being swept by the Astros in last season's ALCS after posting a 2-5 record against them during the regular season.
"They're definitely our kryptonite. I would say that," King said. "Even when we played them during the regular season, it wasn't pretty."
He added, "Every offseason move that we make, you can see the Twitterverse going nuts like, 'Is this enough to beat the Astros?' It's never just, 'Is this enough to be a World Series team?'"
King, who was an integral part of New York's bullpen before fracturing his right elbow, cited the Yankees' injury issues as the main reason for the team's struggles against the Astros. He also noted that last year's trade deadline "threw off the locker room."
The Astros have eliminated the Yankees from the playoffs four times since 2015.
- Winter meetings takeaways: Kelenic deal, Glasnow's market, waiting on Ohtani
- Astros GM not interested in trading Bregman: He's 'a pillar here'
- Waiting for Shohei: MLB free-agent market slow as Ohtani mulls big money
- Tigers sign manager Hinch to long-term extension
- Leyland touched by tributes from across baseball after HOF election